Discover the mountains in winter on secure paths
READY TO SNOWSHOE ?
Stay in the charming village of Luz St Sauveur and head out each day to discover the mountains under their winter snow cover. Luz gives you easy access to the valleys of the Pays Toy (Barèges, Gavarnie, Luz) and the other Lavedan valleys (Hautacam, Val d’Azun, Cauterets) and their secured snowshoeing paths. Choose either self catering or hotel accommodation in the historic heart of the village. We would recommend hiring or bringing a car – Luz is at 700m so we are rarely snowed in, and this facilitates your access to the surrounding valleys.
On option: relax in the warm thermal waters after your day out.
Hotel Bed and Breakfast twin share: 750€pp/week, includes snowshoe rental, maps and information.
Self Catering: From 930€/week for 2P total which includes all bed and bath linen, maps and information pack, maps and snowshoe rental.
Contact Sian per email or on or +33(0)5 62 92 81 5 2
HOTEL BED&BREAKFAST TWIN SHARE : 750€pp*
*confirmed from 2p only
This price includes :
• 5 nights double/twin share accommodation in Hotel Les Templiers
• 4 days equipment hire
• All breakfasts
• Bus from Lourdes train station (2€), or for most flexibility, car hire from Lourdes train station.
• Lift passes if taken
• Dinners, lunches, drinks and snacks
The valleys around Luz are wonderful walking and snowshoeing areas. While snowshoeing safely and independently is more limited than walking in summer, there are a number of secured itineraries around the valley where you can snowshoe in excellent conditions. These include:
- - The Lienz forest above Barèges
- - The Gavarnie Cirque
- - The Col du Riou above the Luz Ardiden ski area
- - The Pont d’Espagne and Marcadau Valley above Cauterets (with a car)
- - The Hautacam Plateau above Argeles-Gazost (with a car)
- - The Col du Couraduque in the Val d’Azun (with a car)